Testing with Accommodations
- Mercer currently has a dual model for providing testing accommodations
- Faculty provide testing accommodations in class or designated space
- Access and Accommodation Office provides testing accommodations in office space.
- Test administered by AAO Staff are uploaded into Accommodate
- Accommodate – Faculty – Testing Upload Training
- Students in need of testing accommodation should request faculty forms each semester to inform instructors that accommodations are needed and approved by the Access Office. Once faculty forms are emailed to the requested faculty members students are to meet with instructors to discuss accommodations.
- Students with approved testing accommodation are required to complete a reservation online a week in advance if the Access Office is administering the exam. Exams should be scheduled for when class is taking the exam unless otherwise approved in advance by the faculty member.
Canvas Directions- To extend time for a student with accommodation
Access Testing Center:
There is only one point of entry/exit from each testing room
The Mercer Honor Code is strictly enforced
The following items are not permitted in the Testing Center:
- Cell Phones
- Electronic devices (watches with more than time function)
- Book bags/Purses
- Baseball Caps
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or unnecessary by faculty or staff
Accessibility in electronic information technology is not an accommodation but an access right. To provide our students with an equal opportunity to participate in your course, that may include, online or electronic materials keep in mind they should be text based and not images. Videos are widely used and are a great way to present information just be sure to have captions or a transcript available. Websites can be tricky but you can utilize https://wave.webaim.org/ to quickly check the errors. If you ever have questions please reach out to the Access Office.